Saturday, August 4, 2007

Solved: Windows Alt-Tab = Mac OS X Cmd-`

This one had me stumped for a while. Alt-tab is a neat trick that years ago few Windows users at most offices knew about. Teach someone alt-tab and it was like showing them magic. However, since I've been spending time on my Mac more these days (having just began using a Mac for the first time two weeks ago), the alt-tab that I'm used to with Microsoft Windows, only let me toggle through each open application, not the separate windows of each application.

Well, MS Windows' alt-tab is cmd-` (the key next to #1). That won't take long getting used to. And as a bonus, cmd-tab, actually toggles only through the open applications, not the individual windows themselves. This is great, especially when you have a lot going on. Granted, my iBook doesn't allow me to do as much as I like, but when I eventually buy a Mac Book or whatever I get, I'm sure I'll be taking full advantage of it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: